Waddesdon Manor

Waddesdon Manor was built by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild in 1874 to display his outstanding collection of art treasures and to entertain the fashionable world.

The 45 rooms on view combine the highest quality French furniture and decorative arts from the 18th century with superb English portraits and Dutch Old Masters.

The Victorian garden is considered one of the finest in Britain with its parterre, seasonal displays, fountains and statuary. At its heart lies the aviary, stocked with species once part of Baron Ferdinand's collection.